28 May 2007

Memorial Day Weekend:
I went to Salt Lake for the wedding of Niels Jensen and Susie Thomas. Niels is the fourth son of Julie Jensen, who is a very dear friend of my mom. I feel like the Jensens are family. Niels married Susie, who was one of my brother's best friends through high school and beyond. It was sort of like if my cousins married each other, but not really. Elsie and I drove up Friday night with my mom and we picked up my brother Tyler at the airport. We stayed at Little America in an AWESOME room and had sushi and saw Pirates 3 (argh). The wedding was Saturday morning with a simply perfect ring ceremony and luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building Saturday midday. They were SUCH a beautiful couple. Wow. We drove straight home after that, so it was a very quick SLC visit.Hotel room jumping pictures are the BEST!


WOW. Amazing thighs and bum, huh?

Sunday evening, we went to my mom's house to visit with my brother and my cousin Jarrod Fegert who was in town for a tennis tournament. We ended up playing a Fegert family favorite, Masterpiece... its a fun art auction game for those who don't know. Jonah came from behind and whipped us all, even though it was his first time playing it. Good job spectacle lady... you beat black beret.


Tyler spent the night at our house and it was so fun to have him come visit us and stay the night...it was the first time ever! Camden got to know Tyler very well during this visit: Cam came up this morning and said, "Ty ty won't wake up even though its wake up time". After I went down and woke Tyler up I came upstairs and Camden said, "You made him wake up but after you leave, he goes right back to sleep". He was right. Eventually Tyler came up for breakfast and ate with us and then went down to pack up his stuff. I told Cam it was time to go to the tennis tournament and he said, "Ty ty isn't ready." I said, no, he's just getting his stuff ready... he'll be here in a second. Camden said, "No! He went downstairs and went back to sleep!" Keep in mind, Camden was EXACTLY right and he had not even seen Tyler get back in bed!!! That kid is brighter than we give him credit for. I've known Tyler for his whole life and Camden has him more figured out than I do.

After the tennis tournament, I took the kids to Snow Canyon State Park where Jonah and Jared (Jonah's bro-in-law) had set up ropes so we could go rappelling. When Aniston's turn came up, Jonah told Jared to let her go down the "grown-up" cliff. ... and she LOVED it! She did SO well. It was her first time ever and she wasn't afraid at all and listened to Jonah and did great! She said she didn't get afraid because she kept telling herself, "The rope is attached to the rock". The ledge was a slope and then a vertical 20 or 30 feet cliff, so it was plenty scary, she just didn't get scared. At the end, she kept saying, "That was SO fun. That was SO SO fun!!!"
Looks like they are standing on horizontal surface, but I'm standing twenty feet underneath them taking the picture.

"That was SO fun"


We also celebrated the Mem day by watching "Night at the Museum" and going swimming (during which we took Elsie in the pool for the first time She floated, of course). Then we had a Family Home Evening on being safe, esp. since the kids piled pillows up on a 25 foot length of rope light and plugged it in yesterday and we came home to two burning pillows in the theater. Good thing the house didn't burn. Really good thing.

VIDEO OF CAMDEN LEADING MUSIC Please, for your own sake, turn down the volumn before you listen. I don't pretend to be a singer.

Happy Memorial Day. Loving that I don't have to wake up to get the kiddy to school tomorrow...but I know I'll be ready for school to start again in fall.

5 comments:

Linda said...

So fun to see you two monkeys jumpin' on the bed, not to mention the amazing clip of Camden leading the singing! What absolutely adorable kids....front and back!
Love you,
Linda/Mom

Linda said...

So fun to see you two monkeys jumpin' on the bed. Adorable song leading, amazing rock scaling and DE-lightful little pumpkin Elsie...front and back!

Sure love you,
Linda

Shawni said...

Hey Aj, love the blog. You are a master at it. Thanks for your tips on moving pictures, which worked, but I still can't get it to be like this! Anyway, I loved reading about life and feeling like we are still in touch, even though we haven't seen you guys in what seems like forever. Sure love you guys.
Love, Shawni

Shawni said...

I just posted a comment I thought, but don't know if it worked or not...ok, maybe it did. I'm still trying to figure this out. Just wanted you to know I loved the blog! These things are awesome!!! Love you guys. Love, Shawni

The Young Family Inc. said...

I LOVE the picture of you two crazys jumping on the bed!
Aniston is such a little dare devil...good for her! I love that girl!
Cam is so cute! He is getting so big!
And your "little baby" isn't so little! LOVE her rolls!
Do you guys want to move to Whidbey Island with us... get back to me.