Ana's been waterskiing up a storm, but wouldn't you know it, we never have the camera. She's so polite when she's behind the boat (its all pleases and thank yous and kind voices...stuff we thought she'd never retain) that I think we've found an answer to those terrible teens we're already frightfully anticipating. Of course, I don't know exactly HOW we're going to keep her behind a boat when she's fourteen, but visions of the Tiger in Life of Pi are coming to mind.
I shouldn't jest. Ana is an absolutely delightful child and has grown up SO much in the last month. She's wearing a full size bigger in clothes and shoes in just one month. Luckily, we didn't buy tennis shoes for the school year yet. Of course, she is beyond herself with happiness that school is back in session. She's even more thrilled because none of the kids in her class have gotten on yellow yet (she's a stickler for good behavior). She's reading well, though she got pretty bored with it halfway through the summer and decided to put her brain on vacation and just work on her swimming and waterskiing. How am I going to survive an athlete for a daughter? Seriously......
Myself, on the other hand, have gotten SO much accomplished in the last few weeks because I've been reading the last Harry Potter book. Usually, the week after the book comes out is called "Aja Coma" time because I have to be spoon fed food and rotated for bed sores. But this time, I decided to make it a "carrot" as my mom calls it and not read until I had the house clean, the kids dressed and fed, worked out, done the bookwork, and taken care of other duties. So, usually, I didn't get to read until 10pm at night. But, it made the book longer and better. MAN, I love reading. I guess you love reading too since you've made it this far in the blog.
Cam today said, "I am just having a hard day because Ana's at school and nothing, NOTHING is going to make me feel better", and then he looked at me sideways with his "sad eyes" (he said that when he closes his eyes halfway and looks down and to the side, I'm supposed to know that he's sad). Luckily, he found a penny on the ground and I told him how they bring good days. He carried that penny through two hours of errands (I only had to find/replace the dropped penny four times), and I did my best to make his day "lucky" (i.e. we went to the D.I., where we're always lucky in treasure). He is just the best and sweetest boy. Well, besides the fact that he wears the same UGLY yellow ninja turtle shirt with too big camo green shorts EVERY day. At least he changes his underwear. Great kid.
Elsie melts us all with her big curly smile, curly ears, and curly eyes. She's starting to crawl a little little bit, and its hilarious seeing those huge thighs in action. She's slowly getting into the solid food thing, but mostly she just eats baby food so that I'll give her a drink from a cup. She just nearly explodes with excitement when I give her a drink from a cup after she eats some mashed veggies. Its kind of violent. She's getting really wiggly and interested in everything, so my fun easy days with an infant are over. At least she's so cute that she makes up for it.
Jonah has somehow managed to make it to the lake once a week even with his crazy project. He's only got a few more months left on this big house. Its so beautiful and we've been so grateful to have the opportunity to build it. The clients are great people with good taste, so that makes better for all of us. I think Jonah's tired of driving to the same place every single day, but I know, deep down, he'll be sad when its finished.
So, our cat finally got to go the vet. We've had him four months but I never took him in because we could never catch. Well now he's our new meowing-to-be-petted best friend so I took him in for his shots. Well come to find out, he is a very UNIQUE cat, for not only does he have cat leukemia, but he also has cat HIV. Oops. Why do I always pick sick kitties? Well, don't fear, the diseases are not contagious to humans, and he's had his rabies shots, and he won't pass it to any other cats, because there are no other cats in the neighborhood anymore...not since their owners got word about or cat. mwah ha ha ha ha.
I'll add more pictures later this week, maybe... so check back later.



2 comments:
Aja, I really just love your blog. If you posted every morning and I checked every morning I'd be a much happier person. It just makes me smile. Miss you guys!
Finally! I've been checking the good old blog for updates. I love to hear what you guys are up to. Miss you and keep the pics. and funny stuff coming.
Post a Comment